Data Pipeline Engineer
Someone to build and maintain our massive data pipeline
At RecruitBot, we want every person to find the right job, and every company to find the right person. And we want it to be as simple as possible. To do that, we’ve built a team full of exceptionally smart, energetic, and motivated folks who have come together around that shared vision.
We’re an engineering company at heart. We use machine learning, optimization, and automation technologies to make sure our products help our clients source, review, and engage candidates faster than their competition can. Of course, none of that would be possible without having the right team in place to bring those lofty goals to reality.
A number of top tier investors have already invested in RecruitBot, and our customers include some large brands you already know. And when we tell people about what we do, the most common response is “Wow!”, followed by “Why hasn’t anyone built something like that before?”
We don’t really know. But we do know that we’re having a fun time building it now.
Exciting and Challenging Problems
We believe easy-to-use products coupled with exciting cutting-edge technology and elite engineers is the path to fulfilling work and a path to success. We work with technologies including
- True Machine Learning (not merely the over-used “AI”)
- Data Pipelines processing Terabytes of Data
- A Vertical Search Engine processing real-time searches over hundreds of millions of candidates built on top of ElasticSearch
- And many more problems including an Email CRM, two-way ATS sync, and a powerful analytics system…
These technologies are core to what we do and are essential to our growth. It’s not expected, or even likely that any single team-member would have expertise across all of these areas, but we will empower you to rapidly grow in the areas of your interest.
We love discussing these challenges and approaches, so even if you’re just interested in learning more, shoot us an email!
Will be to own the data pipeline end to end, with a focus towards delivering product-oriented features to our customers. This includes:
- Ensuring data ingestion is fast and reliable as we process hundreds of millions of candidates
- Balancing maintainability with flexibility so we can rapidly prototype and roll out new features
- Provide a voice for the technical dimension of new products and features, working with other key functions, including Sales, Marketing, Product & Design to find innovative solutions around technical feasibility and design/usability.
You’ll Excel If You…
- Love to learn, and want to collaborate, learn from, and teach other top-tier engineers
- Enjoy being exposed to multi-disciplinary problems beyond just engineering including sales, product, and customer success
- Are motivated by moving quickly by balancing quick experiments to determine customer value, and investing in deep architecture for longer-term iteration
- Have strong points of view about systems design, and what constitutes high quality code.
- Passionate about customer experience, and like being empowered to suggest new features to add value
What’s It Like to Work at RecruitBot?
Job hunting is an awful experience, and on the other side, filling an open position isn’t much better. So much wasted time and money, so many rejections, so many poor fits. We think RecruitBot can leverage the power of technology to do away with those problems, and build a better world as a result. RecruitBot makes it easy for recruiters to find, prioritize, and reach out to the people they want to hire, by making the process of finding the right talent much easier and more efficient.
We’ve striven to build a warm, inclusive culture where everyone is free to voice their concerns, and big ideas are welcomed and heeded, regardless of their source. We want our team to understand the state of the company as well as they understand the state of the product, and to feel empowered to suggest improvements on every front. We value transparency in our meetings and in our internal communications, and expect everyone to be treated with the utmost respect.
We work very hard to make sure things get done, but we understand that a culture of 80-hour work weeks isn’t just bad for productivity in the long run–it’s also fundamentally inhospitable. Above all, we want to hire a team that represents our values and reflects our belief that diversity in all its forms (race, gender, education, and geography) leads to a fresh approach to problem-solving and inspires innovation. If that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Please reach out at email@example.com, or submit your application below.