A skilled, experienced frontend engineer to guide our product through its next phase.
Exciting and Challenging Problems
We are a company working on deep, challenging technical problems, applying true Machine Learning (not “AI”), Data Pipelines, Terabytes of Data, and Search Engine technology. These technologies are core to what we do and are essential to our growth. It’s not expected, or even likely that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas; but we will empower you to rapidly grow in the areas of your interest.
- Build and iterate on new product features, collaborating with Product & Design;
- Provide an engineers eye to User Experience;
- Optimize the frontend experience for speed, for instance building frontend caching layers;
- Enhance infrastructure for instance using Babel;
- Employ design patterns, frameworks, and specific libraries to simplify implementation and maintainability
- Provide a voice for the technical dimension of new products and features, working with other key functions, including Sales, Marketing, Product & Design.
- Balance the intersection of technical feasibility and design/usability.
- Write modular front-end code, balancing maintainability and rapid iteration
You’ll Excel If You…
- Love to learn, and want to be surrounded by people who have different expertise.
- Are motivated by moving quickly, and iterating to validate ideas
- Write high quality code balancing clarity, productivity and maintainability. For our frontend, we work mostly in Angular, however, languages and frameworks can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill, fundamentals, and approach to problem solving.
- Passionate about customer experience, having opinions about ways to improve usability
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
What’s It Like to Work at RecruitBot?
Job hunting is an awful experience, and on the other side, filling an open position isn’t much better. So much wasted time and money, so many rejections, so many poor fits. We think RecruitBot can leverage the power of technology to do away with those problems, and build a better world as a result. RecruitBot makes it easy for recruiters to find, prioritize, and reach out to the people they want to hire, by making the process of finding the right talent much easier and more efficient.
We’ve striven to build a warm, inclusive culture where everyone is free to voice their concerns, and big ideas are welcomed and heeded, regardless of their source. We want our team to understand the state of the company as well as they understand the state of the product, and to feel empowered to suggest improvements on every front. We value transparency in our meetings and in our internal communications, and expect everyone to be treated with the utmost respect.
We work very hard to make sure things get done, but we understand that a culture of 80-hour work weeks isn’t just bad for productivity in the long run–it’s also fundamentally inhospitable. Because we value communication so highly, we’re able to schedule a work-from-home day once a week. And if you get sick, we insist you get better at home (and do some work if you can) before coming in to the office.
Above all, we want to hire a team that represents our values and reflects our belief that diversity in all its forms (race, gender, education, and geography) leads to a fresh approach to problem-solving and inspires innovation. If that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Please reach out at email@example.com.