A skilled, experienced fullstack engineer to guide our product through its next phase.
Exciting and Challenging Problems
We are a deep technology company working with true machine learning (not merely the overused and meaningless “AI”), data pipelines, terabytes of data, and vertical search engine technology. These technologies are core to what we do, and are essential to our growth. It’s not expected, or even likely that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas, but we will empower you to rapidly grow in the areas of your interest.
Recent problems include:
- Creating highly-interactive, delightful user interfaces.
- Building a data pipeline to integrate terabytes of data into our search engine, balancing speed, data use, and product needs against tradeoffs in the data architecture;
- Speeding up our machine learning prediction to reduce the latency of our models from minutes to under a second;
- Ingesting resume data from Applicant Tracking Systems (think Salesforce, but in the recruiting space), handling prioritization, speed, and resiliency for many failure modes;
- Building an email outreach platform that correctly attributes the candidate to the “correct” recruiter or hiring manager.
- Changing our software frameworks to enhance security company-wide.
- We’re glad to share some even more interesting ones that we’re working on now!
You’ll Excel If You…
- Love to learn, and want to be surrounded by people who have expertise outside your area;
- Are motivated by moving quickly, and iterating to validate ideas;
- Have debates about systems and services, and write high quality code. For our backend, we work mostly in Scala (Play) & Python (Django). For our frontend, we work in React. However, languages and frameworks can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill, fundamentals, and approach to engineering.
- Are passionate about customer experience;
- Have opinions about ways to improve usability.
What’s It Like to Work at RecruitBot?
Job hunting is an awful experience, and on the other side, filling an open position isn’t much better. So much wasted time and money, so many rejections, so many poor fits. We think RecruitBot can leverage the power of technology to do away with those problems, and build a better world as a result. RecruitBot makes it easy for recruiters to find, prioritize, and reach out to the people they want to hire, by making the process of finding the right talent much easier and more efficient.
We’ve striven to build a warm, inclusive culture where everyone is free to voice their concerns, and big ideas are welcomed and heeded, regardless of their source. We want our team to understand the state of the company as well as they understand the state of the product, and to feel empowered to suggest improvements on every front. We value transparency in our meetings and in our internal communications, and expect everyone to be treated with the utmost respect.
We work very hard to make sure things get done, but we understand that a culture of 80-hour work weeks isn’t just bad for productivity in the long run–it’s also fundamentally inhospitable. Because we value communication so highly, we’re able to schedule a work-from-home day once a week. And if you get sick, we insist you get better at home (and do some work if you can) before coming in to the office.
Above all, we want to hire a team that represents our values and reflects our belief that diversity in all its forms (race, gender, education, and geography) leads to a fresh approach to problem-solving and inspires innovation. If that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Please reach out at email@example.com.